Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mediterranean Tuna Salad


A few days ago when I got lucky enough to have the house to myself for a little while, I whipped up this different take on tuna salad for lunch. It has a lot of things in it that I love that no one else in the house loves; tomatoes, olives, onions, even the tuna! A nice little me-time treat that is a refreshing change from your typical tuna salad. Using olive oil instead of mayo and mustard and adding lots of veggies make it lighter and fresher. Very appropriate for summer time. If I get a tuna sub from Subway or something, I usually order it this way because I like it so much. Make it in a big batch for the whole family, or use one small can of tuna and keep it just to yourself like I do!








Mediterranean Tuna Salad


Sorry, no measurements on this one! Mix all ingredients to taste. 

Canned tuna
Chopped black olives
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped red onions
Olive oil
Dried or fresh basil
garlic powder
salt
pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...