Monday, May 5, 2014

A Mother's Day Garden


Last summer my Mother's Day planter grew green beans
Mother's Day is this Sunday! Of course I can't post any projects my son and I are working on right now for our moms, grandmothers, great-grandmothers and godmothers. They may read the blog and it will spoil the surprise! However, I did want to share something very sweet my husband and son did a few years ago. We were living in an apartment, but my heart wanted at least a little garden to tend over the summer. Maybe a tomato plant or two and some flowers. Well, my sweet husband was ever so thoughtful, and not only got me a little planter for the apartment patio, but added a special touch with my baby's hand and foot print and painting on the title, "Mommy's Garden." Even as my garden (hopefully) gets bigger this summer, this wonderful little planter will always be a part of it.


And of course we can't forget that May is the month to celebrate everybody's mother, our holy mother Mary! We can honor our earthly mothers and our heavenly one by saying a rosary or other Marian prayer for all the moms in our lives. Below are some links to past posts with Marian/Mother's Day projects that would be great for this month of May!


1 comment:

  1. Too, cute!! What a wonderful idea for a mom! Love the hand-print and foot print! God Bless you with a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...