Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Prayer Banner


Here we go, another Thanksgiving post! As I previously mentioned in my Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath post, this year is the tenth anniversary of our family gathering at my grandfather's farm for Thanksgiving and I decided to make some decorations to help make it extra special. The wreath is one of those decorations, but I've also been working on this banner.

I got the idea from Catholic Icing. There I found meal prayer table runners made with a bleach pen. I really like the idea and thought it would be great to hang something like that up in the barn. Rather then buying a table runner I used some fabric I already had in my craft box and some (actually a lot of!) hot glue to create the banner. I bought a bleach pen, but then I lost it, so I wrote the beginning of the traditional Catholic meal prayer with white fabric paint. I added a little glitter fabric for a little sparkle as well. Due to the permanence of paint, I made sure I drew my picture and wrote my words with chalk first.

I think it turned out really well, and I can't wait to get to the barn tomorrow to hang it up and spend time with my amazing extended family! We all have so much to be thankful for, and this Thanksgiving make sure to remember that God is the source of all those good things and to thank Him. 

This post is linked up on the Catholic Bloggers Network Monthly Link Up Blitz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...