Friday, April 5, 2013

Green Tea Cheesecake - Gluten Free!

 Now, I'm not gluten free, but I do have some friends that are, so I when I cook for them I try to come up with things that are delicious that they can eat. This cheesecake turned out really well. I brought it to a local college church group and it was a hit with everybody! Unfortunately I do not have a picture for you because I forgot to bring my camera with me.

You may be able to find the matcha (green tea powder), at your regular grocery store in the Asian food aisle. I was not able to find it there. Luckily it was in the first place I looked after that, a small organic market. You can also find it at Asian markets and online.

 If you prefer things with gluten simply substitute the gluten-free cookies with regular ones and the instant mashed potatoes with flour. If you want plain cheesecake simply leave out the green tea powder.

 Gluten Free Green Tea Cheesecake

1 box gluten free animal cookies (or other gluten free cookie) - crushed
4 Tbsp melted butter

4 (8oz) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
3-4 Tbsp matcha (green tea powder)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.

2. In a bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the springform pan.

3. In another bowl mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in the milk, and then add the eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated after each one. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla, potato flakes, and matcha. 

4.  Bake for 1 hour. When finished, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for five to six hours. This is supposed to prevent cracking. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.

Mine cracked anyway, so I topped it with some raspberries and a dusting of powdered sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...