Monday, January 28, 2013

Feast Day Reflections

Today, January 28th, is the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas. He is the author of the Summa Theologica,  a doctor of the Church, and the patron of students and Universities. You can find out more about St. Thomas Aquinas here.

This day is especially special to me and my family because of my sister.  Around five years ago she fell in love with religious life and the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, Michigan. She expressed her desire to join, and away she went. We all wish we could see her more often, but we are extremely proud of her and are so blessed to have a sister in the family. She now goes by Sr. Mary Thoma, her namesake being St. Thomas Aquinas. Of course they have her going for her doctorate in philosophy! You can learn more about the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, Michigan here.

A few years ago I made a video about my sister which I thought I would share with you today on the feast of her patron saint. Please pray for her, and for all those who are considering religious life and their families. Enjoy!

                          

Q5745GWEM6NM 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed watching the vid & learning about your sister! Your family is so blessed that one of their own became a Bride of Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...